Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Casting Call for "STILL I RISE", A Movie To Be Shot In Pittsburgh!

We received a request from the casting company for those interested in being an "extra":

Hi, Burghworks;

I'm currently working as an extras casting director on STILL I RISE, a major motion picture starring Maggie Gyllenhaal that will be shot in the Pittsburgh area from May 23rd to July. This movie centers on two mothers who join forces to reform a failing public school in their neighborhood.

This movie is set in Pittsburgh, and will include several scenes shot in schools. I'm currently hiring kids grades K-6 to appear as extras in these scenes, many of which will include the leads and offer great screen time.

In addition to the children's roles, we have a ton of short term opportunities available for adults. All of these positions are paid.

I've included a flyer with the basic information, and I'm hoping you can help us get the word out. We need to get the kids on board as soon as we can because the PA Dept of Labor & Industry requires work permits for them; they're simple to get but it's a several step process. We want to get as many kids ready to go before shooting begins on May 23rd as possible.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you. I'm happy to meet with groups of people for Q & A sessions, and answer e-mails 24 hours a day,
fourthrivercasting@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much, and glad to be able to keep the film industry in Pittsburgh thriving.
Click on the above image to expand and print


 

No comments:

Truly a 'Burgh Thing!

Truly a 'Burgh Thing!
by Randy Bish, Pittsburgh Tribune Review

Job News and Information for Job Seekers and Recruiters

Job News and Information for Job Seekers and Recruiters